Compliments and complaints

Compliments and complaints

We would like to hear from any individuals who have had first hand experiences of a healthcare service in West Lancashire.  It is from feedback like this that we can understand the issues that need addressing and what is working well.

Below are instructions and details about how to submit either a compliment, comment, concern or complaint.

How to send a compliment/comment

Send your compliments and comments to:

Customer Care Team
Jubilee House
Lancashire Business Park
Centurion Way
PR26 6TR

Freephone: 0800 032 24 24


How to make a complaint

If you are unhappy with the care or treatment you have received, in the first instance you should make contact directly with the person or service that provided the care.

If you feel you cannot do this or would prefer not to, then please contact the relevant team detailed on this page.

If you are making your complaint in writing, please provide as much information as possible, including;

– your name
– your postal address
– other contact details
– a summary of your experience/what happened
– details of dates, who was involved – if possible

If you have several issues that you would like addressing, please list each of them under separate headings.

Read NHS West Lancashire CCG’s complaints policy and procedure.

Useful resources:

Share your Experiences – Poster

Share your Experiences – Leaflet

How to make a complaint/comment about primary care*

*For complaints about independent contractor services i.e. GPs, dentists, pharmacy and opticians please contact:

NHS England
P.O. Box 16738
B97 9PT

Tel: 0300 311 22 33 (Monday to Friday 8am – 6pm, excluding English Bank Holidays)

How to make a complaint/comment about community health services and urgent care services

If you have a concern, compliment or complaint about the service you have received from Virgin Care, or you need or want more information on the services they provide, then their Customer Experience team can help you.

Please chose the most appropriate option below or call 0300 303 9509 for more information.

Contact Virgin Care

To raise a concern, make a complaint or leave a compliment, please click here to send us an email or write to them at the address below.

Virgin Care Customer Experience
Englefield Green Health Centre
Bond Street
Englefield Green
Surrey TW20 0PF

T: 0300 303 9509

Please note, the phone line, email form and mailbox are monitored between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. Please do not use these lines for emergency medical help, instead please dial 111 or 999 as appropriate.

Examples of community health services/roles are district nurses, community matrons, dieticians, occupational therapists, continence service, treatment room clinics, IV therapy and end of life teams.

Urgent care services include GP out of hours, Acute Visiting Services and the walk-in centres in Skelmersdale and Ormskirk.

How to make a complaint/comment about NHS Continuing Healthcare (CHC)

If your query is related to CHC funding please direct it to the CHC team on the details provided below:

CHC Team
Midlands and Lancashire CSU
Jubilee House
Lancashire Business Park
Centurion Way
PR26 6TR

Telephone: 01772 214 560 / 01772 214 552 (answering machine)

Health service ombudsman

If you are unhappy with the way your complaint has been handled, West Lancashire CCG will undertake further investigation to resolve this. However, if you are still not satisfied with the outcome, you can report it to the health service ombudsman.

The parliamentary and health service ombudsman may investigate complaints on your behalf, but only if your complaint has already been investigated at a local resolution and independent review level.  There is no charge for this service and the ombudsman is independent.

Telephone: 0345 015 4033
(open 8.30am – 5.30pm, Monday to Friday)


Independent advice

If you would like to receive independent advice from someone about the complaints process, there is a 6 day/week, single point of access for all advocacy related issues/enquiries for members of the public and professionals alike:

Advocacy Access
Tel: 0345 456 3210
Text phone: 07886 744 634
Fax: 0300 323 0966

n-compass Advocacy Service

n-compass advocacy service provides free, independent and confidential support to individuals living within the Lancashire County Council area.    It supports children, young people and adults to make a complaint or raise a concern about treatment or services – whether that is health or social care issues. This support can be provided at any point in the complaints process from raising a complaint informally/formally to accessing the Ombudsman.

Some examples of health issues n-compass can support with include; treatment problems/issues, care provided attitudes of staff, misdiagnosis or failure to diagnose, waiting times, lack of communications or information, accessing a social services or health assessment, appointments with health care professionals, complaints about social services, social services care review for you, a child or family member.

To find out more or make a referral:

Phone:    03450 138 208

Text:      07535 604 542

Website: N Compass website


Further Information

NHS Services – How to Feedback

As local people from West Lancashire, it’s important you know how to complain and tell us what you think.

We recommend that you approach the organisation which provides the service you have used.

To help, the CCG has produced a useful guide, called ‘NHS Services – How to Feedback‘.

Healthwatch Lancashire

Healthwatch Lancashire LogoHealthwatch Lancashire is the independent consumer champion for health and social care services in Lancashire.

It is their job to ensure the views of the county’s residents are taken into account when health and social care services are being planned and provided, and also to signpost residents to help when they have an issue with services in the county.

If you would like to tell them your experiences of health and social care services in your area, or have any concerns about the treatment you have received, you can call them on 0300 303 8811 or via the ‘Tell Us What You Think’ tab on their website;

Last updated on 29 September 2021 at 06:49 by markbritton