Coronavirus – Joint Committee update
We are changing all meetings that we hold in public to teleconferences for the foreseeable future in light of the COVID-19 pandemic. This also applies to our regular operational internal meetings and it is part of our response to national guidance to ensure staff are supported to work remotely. Whilst members of the public are currently unable to observe these meetings given these essential changes, we will continue to share papers where possible as normal.
The Joint Committee is made up of representatives of NHS Southport and Formby CCG and NHS West Lancashire CCG. It was formed so that collective commissioning decisions could be made about hospital services used by people living across these areas. The two individual governing bodies each agree the services and programmes the Joint Committee can make decisions about.
Each of the two CCGs has four representatives from its governing body on the Joint Committee. The Joint Committee will meet as required – at least three times a year
Joint Committee meetings when in public will normally allow you to ask our members your questions in person ahead of the start of each formal meeting. We continue to welcome your queries during this period by email so they can be discussed and responded to in the meeting.
Send your questions to Southportandformby.email@example.com by midday on the date of each meeting. Questions submitted after this time will be held until the next available meeting.
Please note the meeting will be recorded and can be viewed on the CCG’s website after the meeting.
Meeting dates, venues and papers are available below.
- Thursday 23rd January 2020, 11am boardroom, 3rd floor Merton House, NHS South Sefton CCG, Stanley Road, Bootle, L20 3DL. Papers are available here.
- Thursday 25 March 2021, 4 – 5.30 pm. Virtual meeting. Papers are available here.
- Thursday 22 July 2021, 4 – 5.30 pm. Virtual meeting. Papers are available here.
- Thursday 26 August 2021, 4 – 5.30 pm
- Thursday 23 September 2021, 4 – 5.30 pm
- Thursday 28 October 2021, 4 – 5.30 pm
- Thursday 25 November 2021, 4 – 5.30 pm