As a commissioner of health services and an employer, West Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is committed to:
- Eliminate unlawful discrimination, harassment and victimisation and other conduct prohibited by the Act
- Advance equality of opportunity between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
- Foster good relations between people who share a protected characteristic and those who do not
Our Equality Objectives
Our aim is to provide inclusive and accessible health services for everyone in West Lancashire
To achieve this we have set objectives to improve on:
- Better health outcomes
- Improved patient access and experience
- A representative and supported workforce
- Inclusive leadership
Equality and Inclusion Strategy
The CCG’s Equality and Inclusion Strategy is about how we ensure that equality, and Inclusion are embedded throughout our core business (that is, in the way we plan and commission services, employ staff and work with partner organisation and stakeholders). To access our strategy, please click here.
NHS Equality Delivery System (EDS)
The Equality Delivery System is a national toolkit that helps us to provide better working practices and environments, free of discrimination.
It helps us to understand how well we are responding to the equality issues that matter most to patients and staff.
Implementing the system involves assessing our performance against 18 outcomes, grouped into 4 goals.
Evidence of performance is used to allocate one of four grades to each outcome. These grades can then be aggregated into grades for each goal and for overall performance.
Visit the NHS England website for more general information about the NHS Equality Delivery System
- Our Equality Delivery System Performance Assessment
- Workforce Race Equality Standard (WRES)
- EDS2 Summary Report 2017/18
- EDS2 Summary Report 2018/19
- Equality and Inclusion Strategy 2017 – 2021
Equality and Inclusion Annual Reporting
As a public authority, West Lancashire CCG is required to publish information to demonstrate that we comply with the Public Sector Equality Duty.