Health leaders in Southport, Formby and West Lancashire are inviting people to share their views and experiences of local healthcare, by getting involved with Shaping Care Together, a new programme designed to improve services across the area.
Shaping Care Together aims to do just that – shape, develop and improve future services for everyone, based on feedback from the patients, carers and staff who use and deliver those services.
Shaping Care Together is led by a partnership of NHS organisations; Southport and Ormskirk Hospital NHS Trust, NHS Southport and Formby CCG and NHS West Lancashire CCG.
These organisations are working together to look at the challenges currently faced by Southport and Ormskirk Hospitals, in light of the COVID-19 pandemic, financial pressures and the growing demand for NHS services in and out of hospital.
Whilst many improvements have already been made, Shaping Care Together will look at services across the whole area, and ensure they are joined up, efficient and fit for the future.
The areas of focus are:
● frail and elderly care
● when you have an urgent or emergency care need
● services for children including those who have complex needs
● services for women who are pregnant and for the new-born
● gynaecology – dealing with women’s reproductive system
● sexual health services for all genders
● planned care, such as follow-up outpatient and/or subsequent admissions as part of ongoing treatment.
Shaping Care Together is giving all members of local communities the opportunity to get involved and share views on:
● What works well
● What could be improved
● What is important
If you live in the Skelmersdale area and wish to comment on health and care services in the area, join the Shaping Care Together online discussion on:
- Thursday 4 February 6.30pm-8pm – Register here.
- Thursday 11 February 6-8pm – Register here.
- Monday 8 March 2-3:30pm – Register here.
If you live in the Ormskirk area and wish to comment on health and care services in the area, join the Shaping Care Together online discussion on:
- Wednesday 10 February from 6.30 – 8pm – Register here.
- Thursday 18th February 2pm – 3.30pm – Register here.
If you live in the Southport area and wish to comment on health and care services in the area:
- Wednesday 17 February 2pm – 3.30pm – Register here.
- Wednesday 17 February 6.30pm – 8pm – Register here.
If you live in the Tarleton, Burscough and Parbold area and wish to comment on health and care services in the area:
This programme will last throughout 2021 and there will be many opportunities for local people to have their say. It is important to stress that no decisions have been made and we are seeking views which will inform our thinking and proposals for change.
To take part, visit our interactive engagement site www.yoursayshapingcaretogether.co.uk for more information and to complete a short survey. If you would prefer to speak to someone or require information in a different format or language, please call 01695 588025.