THE NHS in West Lancashire is hosting two events to discuss its ‘low priority prescribing’, which anyone from the local community is invited to attend.
In line with many other NHS organisations in Lancashire and nationally, NHS West Lancashire Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) proposes to stop the funding of certain types of medicines or treatments that are readily available ‘over the counter’ in pharmacies or on the shelves in shops and supermarkets.
The types of medicines and treatments that fall into this category include:
- Treatments for minor ailments, including medicines like paracetamol, ibuprofen and indigestion tablets
- Treatments where there is little evidence that they have a real clinical benefit, including cough syrups, sore throat products and vitamin supplements
- Products that do not require clinical treatment, such as bath/shower products and mild acne creams
- Gluten free products
The two events are taking place on
- Tuesday 7 March 2017, 5.30pm – 7.30pm, Chapel Gallery, St Helen’s Road, Ormskirk, L39 4QR
- Thursday 16 March 2017, 10am – 12pm JMO Sports Park, Blaguegate Playing Fields, Liverpool Road, Skelmersdale, WN8 8BX.
Residents can also share their views by completing an online survey: http://po.st/LowGluten. The survey will close on Friday 24 March 2017 and a feedback report will be published in April.
A spokesperson from NHS West Lancashire CCG, said: “There has already been a significant interest in the online survey, but these public consultation events will allow anyone with queries to speak directly with the CCG”.
To learn more about these proposals, including precisely which medicines and treatments are being considered and which members of society would be exempt from these proposals, residents are encouraged to visit the CCG’s website. The CCG’s proposals can be viewed on our website: https://www.westlancashireccg.nhs.uk/resources/patient-and-public-information/low-priority-and-gluten-free-prescribing/
For any queries about the events, please contact the CCG by email@example.com, 01695 588 203 or NHS West Lancashire CCG, Hilldale, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, L39 2JW.