The NHS in West Lancashire is reminding local residents to carefully examine the health service options available to them this bank holiday.
As the bank holiday approaches, the local health commissioners are urging careful consideration before dialling 999 or visiting accident and emergency departments.
There are plenty of health service options available in West Lancashire, including:
- Pharmacies – these are available in the local in your community, open early until late and you don’t need an appointment. Private consultation rooms are also available.
- Walk-in centres – based in Skelmersdale and Ormskirk, these series treat all ages. They are also open during weekends and there’s no need for an appointment
- GP services – your GP practice is contactable weekdays and offers medical care for illnesses you can’t treat yourself
- GP out of hours – when your GP practice is closed, call its normal number and you’ll be redirected
There is also a reminder around other sensible steps to take:
- Self-care – Stock up on medicines at home and arrange for collection of repeat prescriptions where required.
- Online – for those with internet access, www.nhs.uk contains health advice, tips and info on nearest health services
|Summer Bank Holiday(Monday 31 August 2015)||Asda Pharmacy, Ingram, Skelmersdale,WN8 6LA, 01695 567010||9.00am-6.00pm|
|Boots, 3b Moor Street, Ormskirk, L39 2AA, 01695 578360||10.00am-4.00pm|
|Fishlocks Chemist, 60 Liverpool Road North, Burscough, L40 4BY, 01704 894391||11.00am-4.00pm|
|Morrisons Pharmacy, Park Road/Aughton Street, Ormskirk, L39 3RB 01695 573289||9.00am-1.00pm and 2.00pm-6.00pm|
- West Lancashire Health Centre, Ormskirk and District General Hospital, Wigan Road, Ormskirk, Lancashire L39 2AZ:
GP service: 8.00am – 8.00pm
Minor injuries: 8.00am – 10.00pm
- Skelmersdale Walk-in Centre, Concourse Shopping Centre, Skelmersdale WN8 6LJ over the bank holiday weekend: 9.00am-5.00pm
This is part of our Examine Your Options campaign. Posters and leaflets are available for local businesses, schools, libraries, charities and others in the local community to display. To order your materials please contact email@example.com or 01695 588203.