Join Age UK in Ormskirk to get your pulse tested at a free workshop, with lunch included, from 11:30am — 2:30pm Monday 18th May 2015
Along with other partners and Age UK, we are raising awareness of Atrial Fibrillation in Lancashire and are hosting several workshops and drop-in events with the support of our partners during May 2015
Why is this important?
- AF is more common as people age and is a heart condition characterised by an irregular pulse; as many as one in 10 people over 60 may have AF
- AF is a common cause of Stroke
- Many people do not know they have AF but the condition is easily treatable
Why should I attend?
- Learn how to take my own pulse
- Get my pulse tested using the latest technology
- Health professionals will be available
- Information on improving health
- Take part in a raffle
- Hot lunch will be provided. Booking your workshop place in advance is essential
The workshop will take place at Age UK Lancashire, Wellbeing Centre, Moorgate, Ormskirk. L39 4RY
To book your place, please contact the Centre Manager, Gary Heron, on:
01695 586 507 or 0300 303 1234
To see details of other workshops taking place across Lancashire, please view this poster.