With Carers Rights Day taking place on Friday 29 November, West Lancashire Carers Centre is supporting its local carers with two events taking place tomorrow (Friday 29 November).
The theme of the day is ‘Rights, advice, support’, supporting the effort to inform carers in West Lancashire of how to get any extra support and practical advice.
West Lancashire Carers Centre is hosting two events to support Carers Rights Day on Friday 29 November:
- 11am-2pm, Digmoor Community Centre, Birleywood, Skelmersdale
Carers will be offered a cooked lunch which is being prepared by the community centre
- 11am-3pm, Edge Hill University, The Hub
Carers awareness and rights presentation, various information stalls and buffet
Each year, Carers UK organises Carers Rights Day to:
– Increase the take up of benefits – it’s estimated that millions of carers’ benefits aren’t claimed each year.
– Make sure carers know their rights – every year, more than 2 million people become carers, many don’t identify themselves as carers and miss out on support. Even those who have been caring for years sometimes aren’t aware of their entitlements.
– Guide carers towards practical support – it’s not just about benefits. Carers often do not realise practical support is available, like replacement care to give the carer time off, help with lifting and bathing, equipment and home adaptations that can be vital in protecting carers’ health.
– Raise awareness of the needs of carers – Carers’ Rights Day raises awareness of the needs of carers with the public, decision makers and professionals.
For more information on the events, please contact West Lancashire Carers Centre, 10/12 Westgate Skelmersdale, Lancashire WN8 8AZ 01695 711243 email@example.com
To read more about Carers Rights Day, please visit Carers UK website:
To sign up to NHS West Lancashire’s My View group and hear more on local health news, please visit our My View page.